Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Me Inside Four Walls

For our final project, we had to build a structure that contained "drawers" with hand-made items inside that were personal reflections. Instead of making a typical, symmetrical structure, I wanted to incorporate a sense of tension by building varying shapes and sizes. These different but unified levels are representations of various aspects of my life and how I have many responsibilities. I decided to only use black and white tones, as I have very much an all-or-nothing kind of mindset usually, and am a bit of a contradiction. The items I hid within my "paper world" are a cross, heart, a butterfly (which is what my name means), pig made of fondant (as I'm a cake decorator), and a map that has markings of where I've been and where I want to go in the world.










No comments:

Post a Comment